Friday, June 6, 2008

There Will Be Zines

So the past couple weeks I've been buying and examining zines, and I've come to find that most of them are just anecdotes; short stories with pictures and flashy designs. I started thinking to myself "you know, Hiller, just about any 3 page essay could easily translate to a 14 page zine with enough pictures and gaps between blocks of text". I had even started making backgrounds for a zine back in December, but they turned into a collective piece and are now hanging on a wall in a coffee shop. Sometime this summer I want to establish a zine that will run for several issues. Not too sure what they're going to be about, but definitely something engaging and worth reading. This is just a heads up.

The zine will still be titled "Moon Soup".

1 comment:

Travis McKinney said...

I could do some stuff for a zine if you wanna collaborate.