Thursday, July 29, 2010


Marques on Black Cab!

So Just found out that Marques got his own Black Cab Session! Super proud.

We don't have a long history, but he lived in St. Augustine for a few years and was a usual suspect at the guy's house on Kieth Street, back when that was the place you went after classes and on the weekends. He was naked a lot of the time and was fond of sandwiches and paid rent for quite awhile by playing violin on Hypolita for spare change.

Two years ago he moved to NYC and has since performed with Grizzly Bear, TV on the Radio, and Dirty Projectors. He travels to England all the time and has pretty much made it as a performer.

So while I'm not a close friend, I feel like I know him well enough to be like "HEY I KNOW THAT GUY".

1 comment:

Russell Maycumber said...

very nice, I love London.